News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Norfolk and Norwich Hospital Training School

Started by backman, April 22, 2008, 03:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

from an article in "Lets Talk "magazine May 2008 is a piece on the 75th anniversary of the setting up of the PTS in Windsor House in 1933.The United Norwich Hospitals Nurses League is organising an event at the new hospital on May 17th. For further information please contact Margaret Allcock at;   broadlands5@hotmail.co.uk

backman

Managed to get along to this yesterday and was impressed at just what the League has been able to do to record the history of the School and those staff who trained and worked at the Hospital.As well as a number of badges and medals of the component parts of the joint training schools there were photographs of the staff over the different decades and uniforms from the 1920's 1950's and 1970s( Even the J cloth uniform is part of somebodys history!). I particularly liked the idea of nurses being encouraged to create a folder into which they could add photos of their training with any names they could recall,their memories of the training courses itself and their experiences,such as the bombing which affected the hospital in WW2.Thus it was possible to follow through and link the different histories of the group.With well over a 100 members it is an example of what can be achieved in preserving our History and would like to thank them for their efforts for future generations,it is a shame that there is no permanent location for the collection and is only mounted for their annual gathering.It would be great if parts could feature on this site.

wilfb

Hi Peter,

Your comments about photographs of student nursing groups is extremely interesting... It's a great shame that not everyone was encouraged to make personal folders - I know from my own experience that such practices were not common in the past - though luckily a few individuals had the foresight to keep their own photographs and records - thus helping to preserve not only their own memories and personal history, but that of their own groups as well. And thus their place in the history of the profession...

Right now we are desperate for such pictures for the next news page at Schools of Nursing - if anyone is reading this who may be able to help but maybe unsure of what we are seeking here is a link to a sample page:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

Bottom right column.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.  I have left a message to the same effect on nursing badges.  I wish I could have seen that exhibition!

WB.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk