News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

What was in your postbag today?

Started by backman, June 17, 2014, 10:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

myk1066

So you bid/won those badges?  Will you be selling them in your shop?

backman

That's the aim if I ever intend to afford food again!

Magpie

Congratulations! I,too, had a good little package from the Postman courtesy of a vey interesting website called Peter's Collectables!!!!! Lovely old 1932 "A nursing guide " from Guy's Hospital Nurses' league, Nursing Illustrated magazine 1938, Nursing Mirror1957,Nursing Times  1982, QARANC recruitment poster and print out of article on Nursing Badges. I just love reading these old books/magazines and their adverts. Thank you Peter,much appreciated.

wilfb

Yes, very well done Peter!

In my post, a few days ago now, came another superb badge - and yes, it was from Peters Collectables.  Unfortunately I can't reveal what was in the packet as it was for inclusion in the finding website news. But that is already being put together and very soon I will reveal all - so to speak!

Will.

Ps. Also in my post were my father's day greetings and a couple of superb photographs of the Cumbrian coastline from Adrian B (for those not in the know - Adrian is the totally silent second SoN administrator and software engineer who has been responsible for the technical creation and operation of the website since it was first envisaged... It was also his birthday yesterday!).  I know that he won't mind my wishing him a happy birthday and hoping that his card was in his post... Happy Birthday Adrian!

nursesue

Queen Marys maternity hosp courtesy of petes wee shop xx thank you

backman

Today,well impressed with a lovely copy of Honor Morten's How to Become a Nurse,4th edition,circa 1898.It even has a chapter entitled Nursing Uniforms,Medals,etc.
Also 4 6x4 black and white photos of ward scenes

Magpie

Glad Will, Sue and I have recently funded you to continue with this obsession of yours Peter - you really will have to see someone soon to try and sort it out!!!!!!

backman

I think I'm probably beyond salvation as I have been a collector all my life!At least Nursing memorabilia takes up less space than Militaria,bayonets,helmets,etc,etc......

barrysutton

That's not fair apart from my medical collection I only have about 200,000 other items in my collection, I know anyone doing the maths will have worked out that I have around 100,000 items in my worldwide medical collection.

backman

No space for any more items then Barry?

barrysutton

I've already reduced my collection somewhat and yess I'm still in the market for more hopefully at sensible prices!!!

backman

Today I received the book I originally ordered which was How to become a Nurse 10th Edition from 1923(originally edited by Sir Henry Burdett from 1899 to 1915).Another great listing of Hospitals which accepted Nurses for Training,their staff and bed numbers and terms of training.A mine of useful information along side Honor Morten's similar earlier book which was sent to me in error and is equally finding.I will put a couple of snippets from these,on these pages later if anyone is interested?
Also a rather nice St Stephens Hospital badge.

barrysutton

As far as I'm aware there are 12 Editions of this book the last being for 1928.

barrysutton

The "Infirmos Curate" badge you have (where is it from) because I have that in the centre of a rectangular badge with Operating Department/badge/Assistant.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk