News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Calderstones Hospital nr Burnley Lancashire

Started by myk1066, April 14, 2014, 11:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Does anyone know if this hospital issued a badge & if it did what does it look like?

backman

Yes Mike,at least two variants out there,which the RCN have in their Meglaughlin collection.Theses are small round badges with a shield bearing three suspended Fish,Around the outside one bears the words Calderstones hospital whilst the second has Calderstones Hospital Enrolled Nurse Training School

myk1066

Thanks for that.
I'd like to see them both.  I have two variants of the Brockhall Hospital badge, which was adjacent to Calderstones.  I worked at Brockhall for a short while, prior to commencing nurse training, on the male circle.  It was a vast place with many beautiful buildings.

Hillwalker

I was a nurse tutor at Calderstones in the 80s when it became part of Blackburn with Brockhall and nurse training was transferred to Calderstones along with staff.  At that time a Calderstones student won the design for a new badge, her name was Janab, I don't recall her family name.

myk1066

Do you know the design of the new badge you mention?  I now have 4 Calderstones  badges in 2 different designs, if you search Calderstones Myk1066 they should come up for you to see.

Hillwalker

It was a badge for Blackburn and Burnley Schools of Nursing which by then included Brockhall and Calderstones.  I am sure it featured a red rose and an arrow pointing North West. But at my age I cannot rely on my memory! 

myk1066

It was said badge & it followed on from the Blackburn, Hyndburn & Ribble Valley Healy Authority badge, the circular one, again I?ve that in my collection too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk