News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

St Thomas Hospital Badge

Started by myk1066, April 02, 2014, 09:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

??????????   I don't think I'll ever understand the reason for this particular badge reaching these amounts? There are far more rare and desirable badges out there in my opinion.It just confirms that unlike military medals and badges which,more or less, have a given rarity and value,Nursing items are pretty much down to what someone is prepared to pay on the day. I have looking back through my records of what badges have been traded on ebay since 2002 and regret both the ones I didn't pay more for and those I paid perhaps too much!

Magpie

markwatson

sold for £500 someone must have more money than sense my other half would kill me if i even thought about payng that much for a badge

dollydettol

Some people have been saving for a long time to try and buy this badge, they will always go for around this price, others spend on drink ,cigs or hols cars whatever, I'm happy.

backman

As I frequently say, a badge is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it,and as long as that person is happy with that,that's all that matters. Enjoy!

nursesue

I'm in no position to judge having spent a small fortune trying to secure a recent VHK badge

myk1066

nursesue

oops sorry Myk force of habit Victoria Hosp Kirkcaldy - its my local hospital and thats what it gets called Nice badge and just had to have it

myk1066

Hi Sue, nice ones indeed. 
Were they part of the same SoN?  If so what does the white & green enamel signify on the respective medal bars, if anything.
Regards
Mike

nursesue

just to let you all know that I came across a stunning Tommies badge with matching box on ebay while I was checking out the Scottish badge-  seems as if I have competition these days to get scottish badges. oh well c'est la vie x

backman

Thanks Sue,I had seen it and wonder just when the market for these will abate? I have to say that I am not particularly engaged with the badge market at present,perhaps something interesting is around the corner?

nursesue

i can see why people want this badge but my disillusionment stems from having to pay more than i want for scottish badges but  still love them when i win Who knows maybe the market will settle down again or maybe i'll buy from other sources but trouble is can't help but want the ebay scots badges Is there help from this addiction??! ;)

Magpie

Sue - you know we are all addicts beyond hope now so just carry on, forget about eating and drinking and get that euphoric finding when you get another badge!!!!! Rosemary

nursesue

Rosemary you are so right ilove the thrill of the chase and getting the badge thru the post and i may pay over the odds ut usually love the badge i get

wilfb

And you have some very nice badges Sue!

keep up the good work...

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk