News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Earliest nursing/hospital badge

Started by wilfb, March 09, 2014, 04:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi...

Maybe backman's entry (above) is a serious contender?

"One contender may be an arm badge for the order of St Katherine Nurses at Westminster Hospital dated august 1879,see:  http://ihm.nlm.nih.gov/luna/servlet/detail/NLMNLM~1~1~101458374~213146:The-new-Order-of-St--Katherine-for-
Queen Victorias Jubillee Nursing institute first issued badges in 1890"......

Will.

wilfb

Hi.

Can anyone advance on 1879 I wonder? And can we accept that date as the earliest recorded that we can locate if not?

Until of course someone comes up with an earlier date.....

Will.

myk1066

I know it's not the earliest badge but I have a GNC badge with a date if 1921, would this be right?

wilfb

Hi.

It would certainly seem one of the earliest GNC badges myk.  I have never heard of an earlier recorded GNC - so we can perhaps accept that badge as the earliest recorded 'GNC' - unless of course someone can produce an earlier example...  No one would be able to produce one earlier than 1921 since that is the date GNC registration commenced - but there is a very faint possibility that we might find (though don't hold your breath) an earlier when we can take into account day/month.

Maybe you could record that here for us? We would then have a category start.

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk