News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

The fun of leaving home......

Started by pennie, February 29, 2008, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennie

:P Eric has said I should write of my times in Plymouth.............well, the best fun was when a boat came into Plymouth, hundreds went on to the Hoe to wave to it (and of course with tears when a boat left) The atmosphere was fantastic- maybe at 4am !!!!
When the boats came in they often had a disco on the boat and sent a note to the nurses home for maybe 30 nurses to join them......my name and my chum Sue Cowie was always first!!! There wiould be a coach sent for us, and then by launch out to the boat- I have had a disco on The Eagle and Ark Royal!!
When the marines finished a tour they would have a "run ashore" (night out!!) in town, usually at the Majestic on Union Street (anyone who knows Plymouth will know Union St!!!)and of course we were there!!!
I spent a very nice Navy Days on the Leander Frigate Penelope , behind the barriers (where the public should'nt go!)having a rave up with the sailors..................I have a Penelope hatband-how good is that!!!!!!
Hm I did find time to do a bit of studying.........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk