News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

The Royal London Hospital Nurses League

Started by johnny4v, February 11, 2014, 07:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny4v

Has anyone seen the new Royal London Hospital Nurses League  Badge. I understand that there has been a new issued but I have not been able to see what it looks like. Anyone with a picture of it?

Sarah Rogers

it is in the gallery;http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=0

I uploaded it last week when i got mine-only for league members to purchase! Sarah

hope the link works..it is on here.

myk1066

Hi Sarah
The link is showing an East Sussex gold medal.
Mike

Sarah Rogers

When i click on the link it isnt!? a gremiln in the works?

search using this:Royal London Hospital League of Nurses League Badge
sarah

ps i have just tried the link again- and it shows the last thing that I searched on- in my case not the east sussex badge?

johnny4v

I Have tried all the suggested gallery and links to no avail. The link shows Croydon Hospital Badges. No doubt a badge will come up sooner or later on Ebay! Thanks for all the replies.

Sarah Rogers

Hi, as they are brand new and we are only selling to league members then  I hope not!

Sarah Rogers

Hi, I will try and attach the photo here;
hope it works, Sarah

johnny4v

Thanks Lizzie.
What do think about it's design? It looks like the one Bart's used. Pity they did not add a crown at the top to denote the Royal association. I am not sure that I like it. Maybe it looks better than the photograph. However many thanks for taking the trouble to post it.

Sarah Rogers

Not sure that you can add crowns without permission, the bar is like barts but that is all, same manufacturer- we wnated something that anyone who was a league member can purchase and wear, and shows the lovely old badge- silver that size would be very very expensive- silver has gone up so much.Sarah

markwatson

lovely badge lizzie would not mind one of those for my collection pretty please

Sarah Rogers

backman

johnny4v

For League Members only!
If this was the case for all Hospital/Schools of Nursing and Nurses Leagues badges what a poorer world this would be for all badge collectors- including those who share this passion on Schools of Nursing! No doubt it will appear on Ebay or other such sales in the near future just like any other badges. All Hospital Badges/Schools of Nursing and Nurses Leagues were never intended to be bought and sold or indeed collected.

backman

I agree but only in part.In this case this badge is a live and current members badge and should be limited to those entitled to it.I believe that we as collectors have temporary ownership of those badges who are no longer wanted by those who originally earnt them

I do believe that I might stop collecting badges if those items were actually valued by their owners or their families(or indeed by Museums or Institutions if they had any acquisition strategy).I look on my collecting as being an act of rescue for those badges who otherwise might be lost and derive most pleasure in seeing them recorded and appreciated.I have to say that I don't enjoy it half as much as I did as the financial worth of the badge seems to be taking priority of late?

wilfb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk