News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Wanted, Lost and Found...

Started by wilfb, February 22, 2008, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GS

Just out of interest, Schools of Nursing stored quite a number of badges ready for each award ceremony. In addition to this many badges were left unclaimed because some people did not turn up to receive them. This also applied to hospital certificates which had been prepared with the names of qualifying students. When the Schools amalgamated with the Universities some establishments transferred everything, whilst others did not. However, if people are in search of hospital badges it might be worth writing to the Schools of Nursing within the Universities to ask. The only draw back is that there will probably be a hefty charge. 

wilfb

Hi GS.

Sincere thanks...

We didn't know about that possibility. Certainly many of those who seek help probably would'nt mind the hefty charge - though of course I don't think any simply did not collect in the first place, but rather lost the badges they already had. It is very useful information though. We do advise seekers to contact previous members of the teaching staff - the problems seem to be the difficulty in doing that - and sometime they are unable to help.

All the very best for the New Year,
Will.

wilfb

Lost badges...

This past year we know of at least three very happy nurses who have sought our help and realized their ambition. I wonder if they will to get along to wish SoN a Happy New Year?!

Not that it is necessary - we don't do it for pats on the back, but because the seekers are nurses. Bus drivers, with all respect, won't find a badge here (although by finding our advice even they may find one!).

But best to lay the credit where it is due - it has been the help, in one way or another, of our member/moderator Peter ('backman') which has swung the pendulum the right way.

Thanks Peter, Sincerely,
Will.

wilfb

Mail from Janet Koenig... Thanks Janet...

Dear Will,

I can't believe it!

GS is a past tutor from Oldham and is sending me the badge as a gift! I can't thank you both enough. To all the other nurses who are searching for replacement badges, hang in there, your knight in shining armour might just be an email away.

Happy New year!

Janet Koenig

backman

I would echo these previous comments for anyone still seeking their lost treasure. The right amount of patience,determination,luck and probably money,may come up with the goods eventually.Congratulations to those of you who achieved your hunt this year,however I would recommend that you find a proper jeweller who for a small amount will add a safety chain to your pride and joy so that if you do wear your badge with pride you will have less of a chance of losing it again!!!!!
Good luck to all of those still hunting and may I suggest you may wish to repost your original appeal so that other members know that you are still searching?

eric

I have just spend the day organising and arranging my badges. I just got them back after they were on display at School of Nursing in Belfast for 3 years and am afraid to say the light or temperature has darker a few. I've cleaned up as best I can without using anything that might damage them.
I've transfered them from display case to small finding cabinet, pinned unto cloth (which hopefully will keep them dry and out of direct light).

I do have about 10 - 12 badges where pin is missing or broke. None of jewellers I've been too state they can repair them, so wonder if anyone in group can suggest anywhere reliable and reasonably priced. Preferably someone they have used themselves and personally recommend.

Regarding GS suggestion of writing to Universities about 'old' schools of nursing, I can confirm that at Queen's University of Belfast, we do have a few 'old' badges BUT only those belonging to schools of nursing at time of transfer. Again these only available to those who trained there and of course can prove it, for a small charge.

Happy New Year to everyone, may 2010 be the year your collection 'doubles' in size.
Eric

drumaneen

If St Peter's was affiliated with Guildford then the current version of that is Surrey University. It might be worthwhile putting a call into them. But to be honest, you followed a standard midwifery training at an approved school and were I assume judged fit to practice through examination. The UKCC (or whatever its current version is should be able to assist.

wilfb

Hi.

A request from the husband of a nurse trained at Brent & Harrow School of Nursing. Mrs Davies has lost her badge and Mr Davies, who says that he is not 'computer friendly' has requested our assistance. In order to assist as much as we can (one time only!) I have decided (bouyed up by a recent success - a badge located within 24 hours of our advice*)to follow our own advice and try to find Mrs Davies a replacement.

So, if anyone out there can help - now is the time to pull out the stops and help me live up to our own reputation as badge-finders.

I don't yet have any detail of the badge reverse inscriptions - but in any event it is unlikely that we will locate the actual missing badge. We are seeking a replacement....

*The next SoN news - now imminent, will contain brief details of our record badge-find success.

I am attaching a photograph of the badge we seek - once again on of Peter's (backman) photographs from the 'National' Gallery herein. Maybe now a little of his luck and Mrs Davies will have her badge.

Fiona O

Many moons ago my flat was burgled and one of the things that got taken was my jewellery box and my Barnet School of Nursing badge was in there. I'd be much obliged if the lovely folk here could keep an eye out for me as I'd love to be able to get another one.

I qualified as an RGN in 1988.

nursesue

hi - i can only access certain sites here at work cos Grampian NHS have blocked some as "unsuitable" and having no access to internet at home until 4th June when BT will arrive to set me up again!! - but I am sure I saw a Barnet badge on ebay- don't have number but try searching under nurse badges cos i'm almost sure it was there. I have to bring my laptop into work and use it on the wifi.... such a  pain You don't realise how much you use the internet until you don't have it Enough of my ramblings i have to return to seeing patients.
Wilf -  am still busy unpacking boxes but haven't forgotten to check my GNC book for missing info from your last article. Have finally moved house to Aboyne and chaos reigns LOL!!
Sue xx

wilfb

Hi Sue.

You are a treasure. Seriously. I will have a look to see if I still have contact with the Barnet badge seeker.~

I know that when you have settled down you won't forget the article info. I am working on the next one - about differences between State Registration Badges, right now, but there is no rush. Take care.

W.

nursesue

haha found it -  280511168660 finishes 30/5/10 at 22.30
sue x

Fiona O

Quote from: nursesue on May 28, 2010, 02:16:44 PM
haha found it -  280511168660 finishes 30/5/10 at 22.30
sue x

Arghhh!!!! I've missed it. Do you know if it sold?

nursesue

hi unfortunatly it did sell I still have no internet thanx to BTs incompetance but thats another story!!!! Hopefully now will be up and running on the 12th if not with BT but somebody who cares and gives a d*mn
sue x

wilfb

Hello...

Fiona - you have the recipe for finding another I think. With the rotten luck you have had with the last one it will probably be the same badge you buy again, but remember 'backmans' advice - persisitence and perseverance and you will have another. Don't give up and I promise to put you on the news page when you do get another!

Good to hear that you will be back soon Sue, you are missed.. But, well, want to try Ote? (Dont!). I am hopefully not tempting the gods but their service has become abysmal - couldn't get any worse - they just don't seem to have the people they need. Our net is fine usually, but our telephone - although we can hear callers - sends so much noise that the callers can't understand us. Skype saves the day but doesnt repair the Ote telephone. Not our fault says Ote. finding... And the bill stays the same!

But then I musn't grumble (and here I tempt the gods) 'schoolsofnursing' comes up every day without a hitch. I hope everyone else has the same experience....

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk