News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

VAD cape, WW2

Started by alastaircox, November 01, 2013, 06:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

wilfb

Hi Alastair.

A potted history of a VAD nurse?  Try this:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Articles/MollieWatkin/MNTempnotice.htm

Apologies - the links need seeking and a little re-finding is needed. But it answers a couple of possible questions.

And I have met and talked with two relatives who knew Mollie throughout her life - I still have contact.  Enjoy! I will polish the history as soon as I get a minute (or two!).

Will.

Sarah Rogers

They could apply, there are forms on line for army, Raf  and navy personnel for after WW1, if you cannot find them , let me know and i will ahve a search... Sarah

alastaircox

Thanks for the offer, there won't be time (for me). Deadlines have been shifted up only leaving me with the EBay option to have the cape sold by Christmas.

I am somewhat gutted, I would love to own and preserve it for what it is but my pockets are nowhere near deep enough!

I just hope the buyer doesn't break it up but I appreciate that they can do as they choose.

alastaircox

Sold today for £1850.  Never was this going to be in my budget, sadly.

Still a great result for the family.

backman

Congratulations,indeed a good result. If I should find this under my tree on Christmas day rest assured it will be well appreciated!

wilfb

Hi.

Very well done Alastair.  Like Peter 'backman' I could sadly not have afforded the cape - well I could have, but then what would I eat?!!!

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk