News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

RCN badge can anyone give any information.

Started by Mick B, August 28, 2013, 03:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick B

Can anyone tell me anything at all about this small gold coloured 2002 RCN badge please.

myk1066

I think it may be a celebratory badge of some kind.  I do believe I have on in a box somewhere.

Mick B

I suppose I will have to find out what happened in 2002, not related to but it does coincide with the year my wife became an RCN steward  :D

Sarah Rogers

backman

Yes it was a limited edition (2002 Badges were produced) which was available for RCN members to purchase for the Queens golden jubilee. I seem to remember that it cost around £5.00 and had a poor uptake(RCN members were reluctant to stump up).I suppose the question is what happened to those badges not purchased.I did have 3 or 4 but sold most of mine to collectors of Royal memorabilia.

Mick B

Mick B

Backman, thanks for the answer, I guess the unsold ones are in the back of  cupboard somewhere. Maybe I should be a bit more respectful but the design and image of the queen is awful.

Sarah Rogers

Hi Mick...no offence taken at all...no worries!

Magpie

I got one given to me when I was working at the RCN as they knew I collected badges, came in a dinky little plastic box!

wilfb

Hi.

You might be interested in looking at a whole set of RCN badges at:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=0&pos=-876

I can't guarantee the position (link location) will be there for long as it changes with uploads, but the gold coloured badge is among the others - originally uploaded by 'smutters'.

Will.

Mick B

I have the majority of RCN badges, including the very nice car badge recently on ebay, the two I am interested in now are the College of Nursing that wasn't enamelled and the Student badge with the initials RCN.

Mick

backman

Just to point out that photo link to the album includes the rare British College of Nursing badge which features the head of Ethel Bedford Fenwick(definitely not an RCN Badge!
Is this the one you were looking for Mick?

wilfb

Hi,

I thought that it might be easier if the picture in question was displayed below, just in case the link moves. Apologies for intervening in a very interesting discussion...

Will.

(please remember that members must be logged in to see the images - and that clicking on them will enlarge/reduce sizes).

Mick B

Hi Will
The badge I'm looking for is the usual entwined CN but not enamelled, I have no idea of date(s) it was issued. I gave up collecting a while back but am looking for RCN badges for a specific reason.
By the way please feel free to intervene. I will keep an eye out for the British College of Nursing!
Mick

backman

I have only ever seen one non enamelled College of Nursing badge in over 20 years of collecting and that's the one of Barry's in the album.I am unsure if this was a test version or a prototype but would love to know what membership number is to the rear of this? I have added pictures of a few variants of some of the different badges issued by the college but I'm sure it's by no means comprehensive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk