News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

RCN badge can anyone give any information.

Started by Mick B, August 28, 2013, 03:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi.

I'm not certain but perhaps we are talking about the one below from Barry's collection? I'm afraid that I can't add any information if so - no doubt Peter or Barry himself can....

Will.

backman

I'm not convinced that this is Nursing or that the RCN is actually the Nursing organisation.I'm pretty sure that the emblem is a religious one but can't quite put my finger on this one yet.

I have an RCN /RNF hands badge which I can't identify and it is pure guesswork that it might be nursing.There are so many badges which just feature initials that unless one can definitely attribute  letters to a specific known hospital or hospital its often pure speculation when these appear for sale as being Nursing( I have several which still elude identification!!)

backman

Just googled the cross in the crown and it appears to be a recognised symbol for Sunday School attendance so unless the Royal College of Nursing was moonlighting I think we can say this one probably isn't nursing

wilfb

Hi.

I stand corrected... The same thing happened to me at Sunday School..!! Thanks Peter, I think that you are probably absolutely right.

Will.

Mick B

That is a Methodist Sunday School Badge. Possibly the R C bit is 'Representative Council .........'?

Mick

myk1066

The lower un enamelled badge has what appear to be 2 holes in it, one at the top & one at tha bottom.  Does anyone know if it is a badge, could it be a plaque, what size is it?
Mike

Mick B

That's a good point, didn't notice that.

Mick

backman

Well spotted. This really is down to Barry to add more detail if he can.I'd hazard a guess that its not a standard issue badge unless its one that has lost all it's enamel? ???

barrysutton

Reference my all White meal CN badge it has four holes  (north, south, east & west) for sewing it on.

backman

Mick B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk