News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Magpies guessing corner!

Started by Magpie, November 03, 2013, 11:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magpie

Hello folks, time for your guesstimates for the St Thomas' badge - £52.99 tonight. We haven't seen one for a while. I think £260.

wilfb

Hi.

Being broke, I will guestimate £235!! Please don't ask for the cash....

Will.

backman

Surely there must be a limit to even these and considering the damage I'll say £175.

barrysutton

nursesue

Magpie

Final result - £221. I guess my award goes to Will!!

wilfb

Magpie,

a confession - I cheated! I didn't know the answer so I gave the our dog a couple of bones and then counted the remaining bits! I had no problems multi-tasking (!!) as our dog is a female called 'Indy'....

Will.
Ps. With sincere apologies Rosemary, I just couldn't resist the 'multi-tasking'... As a penance I will eat the remaining bits - if I can persuade Indy to hand them over....

Magpie

Will - do you want your prize in Bonios then? If your dog is like mine you won't have a chance of getting anything toy or food back.
Thanks everyone for taking part in a little bit of fun

barrysutton

Tell me on the subject of (what I consider) overpriced nurses/hospital badges, what's one view as to regards the early North Staffs badge{I think mine cost £2}.

backman

If this is the Blue enamel pendant badge,with slight enamel loss to the bar,this has been kicking around on Ebay for a while(along with the Perth).Both ,I believe are overpriced,as is probably reinforced by the fact that neither has sold.Ultimately a badge is only worth what an individual is prepared to pay and I am probably in the minority in thinking that many of the recent London Hospital badges and the St Thomas's Nightingale fetched far in excess of what their value based upon scarcity.I must admit to replacing the Tommies badge in my collection recently but only because I was able to get it reasonably.I would rather pay higher for a badge that is meaningful to me or truly rare or desirable than pay over the odds for badges that may well surface again in time.
What are the badges which would get you reaching into your pockets then Barry? I'm sure there must be that elusive item somewhere out there, who knows you may even have go above a Fiver!

barrysutton

There are a few Cheshire Hospital badges that I would like and some Hospital badges relating to the Navy also I still collect any medical insignia that I don't have to W.W.1 and items relating to Operating Theatres, a R.A.F. Nurses belt buckle would be nice.
I'm also open to offers for most of the items in my collection except, Military/Overseas/Cheshire/Op. Th's,/Irish, if anyboby has any to these fields and think that I may be able to assist them I'd be open to offers preferably swopping. I also collect all medically related buttons.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk