News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

London Hospital Badge

Started by myk1066, August 17, 2013, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Yes, you may well be correct Barry, but where can I get one?

Will

myk1066

Nice first pattern on sale, how much will it go for one wonders!

myk1066

Like London busses again. Another one come up for sale, first pattern.

wilfb

Hi

Not quite the same quality though Myk?

Will

myk1066

myk1066

?920 it went for, a record? :o

wilfb

Hi Myk,

I think that it could be.  It is in the hands of a relative now.  It does appear to have unusual markings.  I wonders if the 'Nurses Home' is usual for example.  Perhaps Peter can enlighten us....

Will.

myk1066

So it found its way back to a relative of the nurse?

wilfb

Hi Myk.

"Fraid not. A relative of mine....

Will.

myk1066

Ah.  The second large one sold well too.

wilfb

HI.

Yes. I wonder on the number actually presented/Made? And are we about to see the Nightingales overtaken?

Will.

myk1066

I think they may well surpass the Nightingales as they are limited numbers for starters compared to the Nightingales.  Do we know how many large first pattern badges were made/issued?

wilfb

Hi Myk.

I think that we may have that number - I will need to look it out and get back..  Which provokes a further thought - the SEN/EN badges from the London hospitals are probably in much shorter supply the the registered nurse badges - and may command higher prices.

And I do have an ancient copy of 'Letters from Matron to nursing staff - 1928 - 32' which may be revealing.  (The London Hospital). May take a little time....

Will

myk1066

I?d like to know the EN numbers, also when they started to train EN?s, class sizes and intakes a year and was the EN issue badge the same style throughout.

wilfb

Hi.

Weeeel Now!

Much work with no guarantee of success Myk.... If you can accept that?

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk