News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

London Hospital Badge

Started by myk1066, August 17, 2013, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

£492 it went for, on a par with the Nightingales albeit a few years ago!

wilfb

Hi,

Yes. but what are Nightingales bringing now I wonder?

Will.

myk1066

I was meaning a few years ago as a comparison to be honest.  Sally sold one for over £1K recently!

wilfb

Hi.

A lot of loot Myk....

Will

myk1066

I know, I had a wishful thought that furlough may have brought badge prices down but alas not!

wilfb

HI.

I suppose that it is good for sellers, but for collectors looking for reasonable prices - perhaps we will have to look harder.  My own collection seems fairly complete, but I am a sucker for belts and belt buckles!!  These seem now to appear more frequently and whilst still not cheap they are still attainable items. 

But the original design badge and box would be a good investment - unless there is a price crash.....

Will.

myk1066

I agree, still waiting for the St Thomas' EN to make me complete!

wilfb

Hi.

I have both versions but, and I hate to admit this (!),  I seem to have mislaid an EN version.... Having two homes, here and in the UK, has it's drawbacks. I keep two collections, both locked up and cannot look in the UK safe until I get back.

Leaves one just a little anxious!!! Is it there?!!!

Will

myk1066

I stored some of my badges at my sisters a while ago. She had a clear out me I'm sure she got rid of some of them unknowingly as I think at times I'm sure I had that one when I see them either on here , FB or eBay!  Hope you find yours.

myk1066

I see a couple more on sale, getting a bit like London busses now!

myk1066

£419 one has just sold for, that's got to be a record for a London Hospital badge!

wilfb

Hi Myk,

I thought that the last record was 492 GB Pounds?  Perhaps I read that incorrectly?

Will.

myk1066

You could be right, maybe I should root mine out & sell & hope for the best return!

wilfb

Hi Myk,

Actually I was wondering just which are the most beautiful badges - The London must rate, though I think that the City of Dublin badge is quiet something else! Maybe we sould start another competition, we've only ever held a few?

Will,

barrysutton

I think that the King Edward VII hospital in Port Stanley, Falkland Islands is one of the best badges!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk