News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

London Hospital Badge

Started by myk1066, August 17, 2013, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nursesue

did anybody get the London hospital matrons set??? such a great looking set of items

myk1066

backman

I was impressed with the group including ARRC and large size LH Badge to the Matron and thought it was a fair price. I didn't bid but admit I did have to sit on my hands in the final seconds! I hope it finds it's way back to the London or at least someone who appreciates it's history.

johnny4v

I hope this will be or at least one day be on display in The Royal Hospital Museum. This collection is so important to the history of nursing at the hospital. I note Miss Littleboy was awarded the larger size badge. As the President of Nurses League 1934 to 1935 she was responsible for introducing the smaller size badge.  I wonder if she also had a smaller version.

wilfb

myk1066

I see a couple are being re listed at a high price!

myk1066

A nice 1st pattern LH fur sale £495, similar price the to St Thomas' SoN badges!

backman

I'd say a much rarer item and good value.If anything I'd say that Nightingales are still overpriced for the number of them in circulation.That being said there is a rather nice WW2 group in the next Dix, Noonan and Webb auction which includes an MBE,RRC  service medals and cased Nightingale; https://www.dnw.co.uk/auctions/catalogue/lot.php?auction_id=494&lot_id=57503&search=1

If only my lottery numbers would come up!

myk1066

That was a lovely set and a nice piece of Nursing history.

wilfb

Hi..

Just back from holiday.   Does anyone know what happened to the Lot?  It must surely have gone for more than the estimates?

Will.

myk1066

Anyone want to do swaps for a LH RN & or EN variants?

myk1066

Is see those 2 LH badges haven't sold yet despite being on for a while, a set at £200 and an individual single LH for £250.

myk1066

The latest LH at £0.99 starting will accept offer if £150!

wilfb

Hi.

Is that the one with the owner details blacked out mike?  It seems to be at 82.01 this morning if so....

Will

myk1066

Hi Will
It is the one with blanked out details!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk