News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

London Hospital Badge

Started by myk1066, August 17, 2013, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny4v

It was a little time ago. Dame Phyllis was the Matron  1970"s at the London Hospital and went on to be the Chief Nursing Officer at the Department Of Health. Her Hospital Badge came up on the well know site E*** I remember seeing it and hoped it would be bought by the Hospital Museum. I do not know if this was the case.

wilfb

Hello johnny4v,

I don't know who purchased that badge either, but it would be nice to know what happened to it. Perhaps Peter can enlighten us....

Will.

johnny4v

If anyone know it will be Peter. I have always been amazed at his knowledge base.

nursesue

i also remember this badge- wasn't there a discussion on here at the time?? Sarah may also be able to shed some light on this

johnny4v

I have had a trail through the notice board posts and see that Dame Phyllis badge sold for 377 on 9 March 1915. As previously stated this badge is of great importance. I do not know who bought it or if it went to the London Hospital Museum. It would be nice to know where it ended up. I do hope it went to someone or body connected to The London Hospital.

myk1066

Long shot you know who the seller of Dame Phyllis's badge was?

johnny4v

Sorry I do not know who the seller was or the buyer. It must have been someone with connections to The London. I hope so as it was such an important badge.

myk1066

Sally has one for sale, quite expensive & one for £200 on auction site presently!

Sarah Rogers

I missed that sale, what a shame it was sold.

myk1066

We seem to be having a rush on them as there are a few around for sale presently.

myk1066

There are still 2 on at £200 each at the moment!

myk1066

Anyone fancy doing some swaps for a LH SEN badge?

myk1066

Another listed at £190 & another re listed at £250 wit a best offer option!  Anyone up for swapping my LH EN badge?

myk1066

A registered and enrolled nurse LH set just gone on starting at £20, 2 bids and at £102 now!  Anyone want to trade my LH registered and or enrolled set for some swaps?

myk1066

£250 for the latest LH SRN version.  The last set, EN & RN versions sold for £195.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk