News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

London Hospital Badge

Started by myk1066, August 17, 2013, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Just bought another LH tonight, bargain considering what they are going for.  Picture to follow.

myk1066

I wonder the final on the latest just listed?

myk1066

£231 it went for, wonder what the providence is?

myk1066

One of the earlier larger LH badges on sale today, bet it fetches a nice price!

nursesue

Sally B has just listed a box version on her site

myk1066

These earlier pattern badges are probably going to reach Nightingale prices I think!

nursesue

having seen the price sally b's went for I'd have to agree with you Prices seem to be on the up again and its getting harder to find a bargain

backman

I agree that a new bunch of collectors out there seem willing to pay high prices for the better badges. It may settle back down eventually as it often does, for those of us who have seen similar surges over the years.The question is ,is this good or bad for the hobby as a whole?  High prices can flush some badges out of drawers onto the market but then every vendor thinks their badge is worth the same as a Nightingale or large London. I certainly think that fewer quality badges are coming onto the market, perhaps because they are already in our personal collections? As one of the remits for this site is to promote the popularity and interest in the history of School of Nursing badges, it seems we are a victim of our own success? Talking with other vendors, many say that they are struggling to find new stock at reasonable prices.

myk1066

johnny4v

Hi
Do you know what price it sold at?

myk1066

The one on Sally's site was £450 if memory serves me right.  However she tends to be a tad on the expensive side & she usually cleans the badges too.

backman

myk1066

johnny4v

Wow! Must be a record price. Maybe not. Dame Phyllis Friends'badge sold for £500 and that was the small version of this badge. Provenance is everything!

myk1066

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk