News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

London Hospital Badge

Started by myk1066, August 17, 2013, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Having obtained a spare London Hospital badge is there anyone interested in doing a swap for some hospital/nursing badges?  Serious offers only, not after cash.  It's the one on the left of the photo.
Mike

Sarah Rogers

Sarah Rogers

myk1066

Unissued, no inscription, SRN version, HM Silver.

Sarah Rogers

Hi Mike, how did you find those?, I have never heard of unissued ones like that from the London being sold off before-they are always named!-does your seller have more?

myk1066

Hi Lizzie
Seller has no more, not asked her where she got them from?
You interested in swaps?
Mike

Sarah Rogers

Hi Mike, no thanks..not unless you want to swap a SEN LH ??...have seen plenty, just not one to buy... I can live in hope that one will come along .

myk1066

Lol, ok, if you have the Nightingale SEN I'd swap but I live in hope too.  Do you know how long the LH SEN were issued for & from what date?
Cheers
Mike

Sarah Rogers

HI Mike, I do have a Nightingale SEn, but its not for swaps! Regards the other info, it is being loaded by Will in an article i have written about the LH badge and how it evolves... i think that your questions will be answered in there! (not neccessarily for set numbers, and Peggy is sadly  now dead who ran the course for many years.

myk1066

Ok, that's fine but if you do know anyone willing to swap a Nightingale SEN for a London SEN let me know.  I look forward to your article, you could always PM me with the answer, discretion assured lol.
Thanks
Mike

barrysutton

I've got an LH badge + a number of sets that I know your interested in which I would consider exchanging for any Cheshire items that you have and I'm currently looking for.

myk1066

Hi Barry
What are you looking at from me & what have you got?
Cheers
Mike

barrysutton

I'd prefer to do this face to face if possible as I know you don't live far away from me and I'd be quite willing to travel.

myk1066

Hi Lizzie
The HM on the EN badge is as follows
JRG, Anchor, Lion and what appears to be a letter L, do you know what year this is then?
Mike

nursesue

do you know I think I prefer the EN version. Any chance of a photo of the hallmarks especially the date letter? To work out the date as it depends on the font and the "shield" in which the letter is sitting. The rest is easy Anchor = Birmingham assay office and the lion is silver As for JRG that cold be John Gaunt but the London Hospital set is wonderful

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk