News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Army Medical Services Schools of Nursing

Started by Mick B, July 20, 2013, 09:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick B

Hi all, I have been checking out this site for a while and have recently joined. I am an ex RAMC nurse (1980 to 1990), trained in Aldershot, Hong Kong and Aldershot. There doesn't seem to be much mention of the Royal Army Medical Corps nurses, the section of this site 'Schools of Nursing Regions, Timelines' has QARANC as a school of nursing, but of course the training of student and pupil nurses in the army was overseen by the Army Medical Services Schools of Nursing.

As an aside can anyone tell me the last numbers recorded on the GNC Enrolled Nurse badge?

Mick

Sarah Rogers

hi Mick, the national archives holds registers up to 1972 for sen to view, and the numbers are 143,376...but en training went on until late 1980's.....some one else here will kow..otherwise the archivist at the NMC will know!

Mick B

Hi Lizzie, thanks for the response, I tried the NMC some time ago but didn't receive a reply. I'm waiting for someone who qualified in 1981 to find their badge and tell me the number on theirs, that will give me a ball park for dating.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk