News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

E bay listing difficulties

Started by backman, May 11, 2013, 06:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

I am the only person who is finding it extremely hard to actually get to point of listing items on e bay recently? I get as far as entering all the details but then I seem to get clogged up with every other individual listing their treasures and just keeping getting frozen out!!!! Unless I list in the middle of the night it seems busy almost all times of the day.
Has e bay become just too big or has any one else tried sites like Ebid? I really should finalise my own Sally Bosely type site to avoid these frustrations but perhaps when I finally retire(in 49 days but who's counting!) I can actually achieve some of the things I've been meaning to?

wilfb

Hi Peter.

I haven't tried any listing additions for some time, but I have noticed several changes on the ebay site which to my mind seem to complicate things whilst being intended to simplify things.  I personally think that this is just part of the trend among the major software suppliers, ISP's and web designers to combine everything into one parcel - rather like a bowl of dolly mixtures!  I do think that it complicates life - unless one is willing to re-learn whole new patterns of operating our computers. My own experience with MS Win 7 and all its trimmings made me feel like Alice through the looking glass at the mad hatters tea party when I first used it - now I quite like it - but am dreading Windows 8...... If I have to relearn everything again I may not bother!

I still have my old machines running old programmes versions (and still use old spellings!) and all run perfectly, but the modern trend is the modern trend....

There are still alternatives - Apple Mackintosh is a very fair piece of kit - and I still have a couple of old Amiga's.

Whatever, I believe that ultimately it is the software that counts. If you do get around to a sales site, and I hope that you will, you might find that there are some very good SMF software/templates (some modules of this site use SMF - there is a link at the bottom of the page) - worth a look and http://www.1and1.co.uk
have some ready made packages which you might find useful and economical. Just a few thoughts, and I don't have an answer to ebay - sorry.

Will.

Sarah Rogers

HI, ..perhaps it was first time luck but ebay selling worked ok for me today-but only listed 1 item ...so who knows -although i cannot work out why i cant do straightforward buy it nows..like Peter does, but have to have a starting price?...perhaps because i havent sold enough?
Is it which browser we use..we have had awful problems sending off a student finance form for our son...and apprently its google chrome issues!..so have had to send a paper copy..
Lizzie

nursesue

ho glad its just not me who has problems during peak times! sometimes i can't even log in or upload photos and its always worse on a free listing days. I just wait and try later. Browser problems can cause problems as can your digital camera The palaver I have uploading photos to this site has to be seen to be believed but i get there in the end Lizzie there is a tab on ebay for listing buy it nows - if memory serves me correctly its behind the starting price tab ( hope that makes sense) If my chrome browser doesn't work i use the old internet explorer and i still prefer windows XP I'm on windows 7 and hubby has windows 8 and all such a nightmare
sue x

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk