News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Ormskirk & District General Hospital

Started by wilfb, July 01, 2009, 08:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

*The finding was supplied by Mrs Val Wall (nee Rogers) for inclusion in our news pages and forum.

Hi School of Nursing Forum,

please find attached a photo of my first day in S.E.N training.
School PA85 (Pupil Nurse Training, April Intake, 1985).

It was taken outside the not so very old School of Nurse Education at what was, at the time, Ormskirk & District General Hospital, Wigan Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire (the old workhouse).

Left - Right:
Paul Dunn, Valerie Rogers (myself) now Mrs Valerie Wall, Sylvia Fitzpatrick, Joan Baines, Jeanette (can't recall surname), Carol Youds, next ~ can't recall name, and lastly Debbie (can't recall surname).

To the best of my knowledge:

Paul Dunn converted to R.G.N, can't find him on the NMC register so he may be out of practice now.

Myself: converted to R.G.N in 1998, worked in the Intensive Care Unit at Ormskirk from 1988 until Feb 2004, had a break from nursing due to illness. I've just refreshed practice and have been back on the NMC register exactly one week :-) Just applied for 2 posts in large ICU's in the Cheshire & Merseyside region.

Sylvia Fitzpatrick - no knowledge of her career.

Joan Baines, left nursing due to illness and we lost contact when she moved to Wales. I have recently discovered she has returned to nursing, converted to an R.G.N in 2006 and currently practising in North Wales.

Jeanette - she was working at Wrightington Hospital, Nr Wigan, Lancashire after qualifying but left and I have no knowledge of her career since.

Carol Youds is still Miss Carol Youds and works on the recovery ward at Wrightington Hospital, Nr Wigan. She converted to an R.G.N and is now a junior sister.

I have no knowledge of the two nurses on the end.  

Ormskirk & District general Hospital is now Southport & Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust and covers 2 sites.

Hope you find this useful.
Kind regards Val Wall, R.G.N.

*The photograph (only members will see it here) can also be seen in our June 2009 news page. WB.

Barklea

I am looking to find anyone from PA88 SEN training Ormskirk Hospital.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk