News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

1000th Badge Photograph!

Started by wilfb, May 12, 2009, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

A red letter day!

Well, today was the day. The day when we received our 1000th nursing/hospital badge photograph on the (Your) photograph galleries!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, and perhaps encouragement to those who have thought about it... Every registered member has photo gallery space allocated automatically, and logging into this forum automatically logs members into the galleries (and the other way round). If you have not been there yet why not have a look:-

www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery

will take you there - and the link is also in the forum headers above.

Nottingham University School of Nursing takes the honoured 1000th place, uploaded by our own 'nursesue'. Thanks Sue. Thanks everyone who has helped so far. Putting this site together took a lot of hard work, but the reason for existing is the promotion and recording of the history of the nursing profession. Seeing it doing that is quite a reward!

The 1000th badge:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1

'Indebted1'
WB.

PS. Another 1000 maybe not too far away?

backman

Well done to all contributors! Especially good to see a wide range of badges from Barrys collection,several there that I can covet.I promise I will get around to resizing my pics to add these when possible.

backman

Finally got around to it and it's remarkably easy,do please try it everyone! 1500 and counting
Great to see pictures of the wide variety of different badges issued and the real thing are even more inspiring.I still feel we should be aiming for some form of get together and display,possibly for the centenary of FN's Death in 2010.Nurses day is the 12th May and that might give us time to gather support(and sponsorship)for a national/international display? Thoughts anyone?

wilfb

Hi.

Well. First let me say, as one of those who are to blame for the member photograph galleries, that of course it is remarkably easy (uploading contributions). I try not to become too involved with anything to do with work! But as Peter says, it really is easy - and you can't break it by attempting uploads. If you get it wrong it will tell you - and other problems are easily rectified - just ask us for help..

1500 and counting. We all owe those who have contributed so far. We are on the way to a really 'National' collection of badge photographs. And not just badges - people; buildings; epemera; uniforms; et al. We will put up a static page of information/help as soon as we can. Meanwhile why not do as Peter 'backman' suggests - try it.

A get together and display? That would be something. I would try to be there - and to help in any way possible. I would see the first need as being a venue accessible to all.  Birmingham maybe? And perhaps a little sponsorship and security for exhibitors...

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk