News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Moving back to UK 21/08/2001

Started by wilfb, August 20, 2021, 05:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi.

Apologies for short notice... We are moving back to the UK STAT:  SoN will reopen in perhaps one week.  I will try to monitor.

Will

wilfb

Hi.

The Greek Gods were not with us this time....

My wife Pam, like myself a retired Nurse Teacher - fell as we were preparing to leave and sustained a # Femur. We took Pam to Chania General Hospital and not the airport.

Pam sustained a sub trochanter fracture which the medics say they will fix with Gamma nails. They said it is simple procedure for them but less simple for Pam though will be starting to walk with frame on 3rd day! Watch out!. "Just been given a cup of black tea, nothing but water till midnight and then tipota! (Nothing).

We are now three days later and Pam has sat on her bed for the first time today> Tomorrow she stands and the day afterwards she will walk with a frame.  We are both still a little shocked and trust that you will understand any delays surrounding the opration of the site.

Will.

johnny4v

Hi Will
sorry to hear of your wife's accident. I hope she makes a good recovery. Not easy for anyone at our stage of life! If you are interested there is a good YouTube version of the operation. keeping mobile is key to preventing DVT as I am sure you and Pam are aware.
kind regards
John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk