Author Topic: Social Isolation  (Read 35 times)

backman

• Happily Retired Nurse,Nursing History Devotee!
Social Isolation
« on: March 26, 2020, 07:52:52 AM »
The all members in these troubled times,I hope that you all keeping well wherever you are. For those at work I hope the challenges ahead may pass quickly and safely. As a possibly positive aspect of the whole thing perhaps it may enable some of us to reflect on those important things around us in a world that often looses focus?  If the lockdowns do increase perhaps it may even allow some of us to revitilise our collecting and researching passions( but only after I decorate the hallway and kitchen!!)
Who knows our use of technology may even plant the seeds for a video conferencing meet such as Zoom? Anyway we are still around and welcome any interactions from those of you with new found time on your hands?

johnny4v

Re: Social Isolation
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 04:34:12 PM »
Like me I see you have not been called back to the front line! Ruth May CNO for England has put a limited on those retired - 3 years. I doubt if she will be of any use to those brave nurses and medics on the front line anyway. Where are they going to get the staff to cover those Nightingale Hospitals? The NHS failed in 2016 in a exercise which showed the NHS failed to meet the standards in a pandemic. So it begs the question of what those in power at NHS England were doing for 2016. It is pitiful to see front line staff not having enough PPE.
Whilst it good to see NHS England in scrubs -( looking the part) it does not help those on the front line. The vacancy factor before this was in the thousands. This should not have been allowed to happen. We are paying for this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk