News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Historic pay scales

Started by Mark Kerr, September 01, 2019, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Kerr

This may be too off-topic for here, but here goes... can anyone point me to where I can find out what a grade F junior sister was earning in 1990 please? Trying to do sums around a pension transfer mis-selling claim. Best I can estimate is £8,000 pa, (she was working in London if that helps) and was the pension scheme still 1/80 back then? Thanks in hope and slight desperation!
Librarian running small archive for East Kent Hospitals - photos, docs and items relating to Canterbury, Thanet, Ashford and Folkestone hospitals & SofNs.

wilfb

Hello Mark,

I don't think that I can help directly - but b I was once a branch sec' for COHSE and had a blue book of NHS rules and Regs - Pay scale info et al - but I can't remember who issued it.  Maybe the DHSS as it was then...  Maybe a lead...

Best,
Will

nursesue

just a thought - what about the RCN?

wilfb

Another Suggestion

Nurses and Midwives Whitley Council Handbook.  (? Pay and Conditions of Sevice?)

Will.

Sarah Rogers

Just an idea, would the RCN help?

Mark Kerr

I tried the RCN library, they said they didn't have anything... I'm not entirely convinced they looked very hard though...  :(
Librarian running small archive for East Kent Hospitals - photos, docs and items relating to Canterbury, Thanet, Ashford and Folkestone hospitals & SofNs.

Sarah Rogers

That's odd, surely the library might have archived pay scales? Is there an archive at the NMC?

myk1066

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk