News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

UCL Sister Royal Worcester figurine

Started by Mark Kerr, July 01, 2019, 08:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Kerr

I have just seen this listed for sale on TheSaleroom.com with an estimate of £150-250 (Sale is on 17th July). Is that a typical price for these - they are lovely, are they rare? Just wondering, not in my budget, but curious...

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/catherine-southon/catalogue-id-srcat10025/lot-626bc6da-ff67-4869-b933-aa7c016570da?utm_source=auction-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=auction-alert&utm_content=lot-image-link
Librarian running small archive for East Kent Hospitals - photos, docs and items relating to Canterbury, Thanet, Ashford and Folkestone hospitals & SofNs.

wilfb

Hi Mark.

I think that Peter (backman) is best placed to answer that one Mark - but it seems a not unreasonable price to me...   Peter has sold some superb exam[le of nursing figurines in  the recent past.

Will.

wilfb

Mark,

Here is an example :-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pid=1658#top_display_media

there are several in the photo galleries.

Will

*The link will be broken after a short time - but searching the galleries will produce similar results. Log-in essential.

Mark Kerr

Thanks Will, I should have known  / looked deeper... however the link in your reply got me an error message (Error
The selected album/file does not exist! ), just thought you should know!

bw
Mark
Librarian running small archive for East Kent Hospitals - photos, docs and items relating to Canterbury, Thanet, Ashford and Folkestone hospitals & SofNs.

wilfb

Hi Mark,

Yes, the those links only last until another upload - then they change automatically - apologies.  And I should have pointed to the need to be logged-in.   But no doubt a little searching would have produced the result sought.  I have added a note to the original post for others.  Brain dead!!

Wilf

backman

These Royal Worcester and similar nursing figurines are all extremely sought after.The original Four Ruyckevelt sisters were produced in the 1960s and consist of the UCH,St Thomas and  London Hospital Sisters and VAD Nurse.The first three were issued in limited editions of 500 and the VAD 750.They were all oversubscribed at the time but are creeping back onto the market as original purchasers pass on. They can sell from anywhere between £500 to £1500. There are several collectors of such pieces and prices reflect the demand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk