News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Started by carolsiv, January 11, 2017, 05:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolsiv

Hi.....it would be lovely to make contact with anyone from the Jan 1972 student nurse set

wilfb

Hello carolsv,

I don't know anyone from your school, but if you can provide a photograph I can perhaps attach it here - or the next News Page.  I hope that you find some of your school set, and you never know... Fingers crossed...

Will.

Mark Kerr

Kent and Canterbury Hospital's Nurses League annual reunion is this Saturday - do you have/want contact details for them? I do a history display each year, including this year my new banner of East Kent Nursing Badges, as well as lots of photos from the hospital over the last 100 years. Happy to pass on contact details or let you have the League's contact details if interested. They are always looking for new members... and one or two always bnring in photos, badges or other memorabilia for me too.

Mark

Mark Kerr, Librarian, K&C
Librarian running small archive for East Kent Hospitals - photos, docs and items relating to Canterbury, Thanet, Ashford and Folkestone hospitals & SofNs.

backman

That's good Mark,it sounds of real interest,I'm sure members in that part of the world will be interested.Good Luck,we would welcome feedback and photos after the event?

Mark Kerr

And an embarrassingly leisurely 8 months later, here are the few pictures from our Nurses' League reunion last May. More pix of the display than of the appreciative former nurses, but there are usually around 40-50 attendees, and they do enjoy the history display - it's just that when the room is busier, I'm chatting too much to take photos... that's my excuse.
Librarian running small archive for East Kent Hospitals - photos, docs and items relating to Canterbury, Thanet, Ashford and Folkestone hospitals & SofNs.

Mark Kerr

Mark Kerr

backman

Thanks Mark, A nice looking display which looks to have been well appreciated.This is just the sort of thing that encourages people to dig out and record their artefacts and memories.I wish all hospitals recognised the value of our History but sadly not the case.

Eddie1944

This newspaper cutting from the Canterbury Extra February 3 1989 might be of interest. It shows me when I was a nurse tutor at Kent and Canterbury SoN with four new student nurses which we had recruited from Ireland.
Retired SRN, RMN, nurse tutor, senior lecturer.

Mark Kerr

Thanks Eddie, that's a lovely picture, definitely one to add to the archive!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk