News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Christmas Quiz 2018

Started by backman, December 24, 2018, 08:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

As some members may have an opportunity to relax after the mince pies are dispatched here is a brief diversion to entertain the brain cells.As an incentive I am donating a copy of the book "Nursing Through the Years"-Care and compassion at the Royal London Hospital. You have until the new year to complete and I will notify the winner shortly after I return home from Wales after that.The Person with the most right answers will win, but feel free to try it for fun.It should make you think and most information can be found on our pages.Note some answers have potentially more than one possible answer ! Here goes

A)ANIMAL  MAGIC -a number of nursing badges have featured animals and birds.Can you name the hospitals which have these ?
1.A Puma  2.An Eagle  3.A Beaver 4.A Butterfly 5.A White Horse 6.A Fox 7.A Swan 8.A Stork 9.A Stag 10.An Elephant

B) MYTHICAL BEASTS - As well as real animals many badges also feature creatures of legend.Can you name badges which have these ?
1.The Phoenix 2.The Winged Bull 3.The Wyvern 4.The Winged Lion 5.The Unicorn

C)SAINTS BE PRAISED -The Christian roots of Nursing mean that many hospitals were named after a particular saint.Can you identify the hospitals associated with the finding?
1.Patron saint of animals 2. Saint crucified on an X shaped cross or Saltire 3.Saint Beheaded by pirates on Jersey.4.Patron saint of Physicians and Surgeons 5.A doubting Saint
D)EMBLEMS- A number of badges carry emblems which are associated with their Location or History.Can you identify those which have these ?
1.A man and woman walking their dog 2.A Lighthouse 3.A cider Press 4. A Roman Soldier 5.A Helicopter
E) LATIN LOVER- Many badges carry an inscription in Latin but can you identify a hospital or organisation with these mottos? One point for that and another for the translation.
1.Tradimus Lampada 2.Post Tenebras Lux 3.Ex Umbris Ad Lucem 4.Miseris Succurrere Disco 5.Famam Extendere Factis  6.Dare Quam Accipere
F) BADGES ON FILM & TV- the sharp eyed can sometimes spot a badge or two flash across the screen.Can you identify the badges sported by these?
1.Jenny Agutter in American Werewolf in London 2.Wendy Craig in the Royal 3.Hattie Jacques in Carry on Matron 4.Maggie Bolton in Heartbeat 5.Keira Knightly in Atonement 6.Nerys Hughes in the District Nurse 7.Derek Thompson in Casualty
G) I HATE INITIALS! The bane of collectors lives are those badges which just list the initials of the hospital or organisation.Fine if you have provenance but a pain if you don't.Can you identify these badge by their initials alone?
1.DRH 2.GHN 3.MGH 4.RLOH 5.NGH 6.BRI 7.RDEH 8.NEI(Semper Ad Suprema) 9.SMAH 10.NUTN 11.BAPSN 12.NAPT Member

Good luck and send your answers to me via PM.

backman

Anyone try this as I've had no takers? Answers to follow shortly.

nursesue

ooo but I'm still working on it!!

wilfb

Hi.

My wife did Latin at school - I just dare not ask about Latin Lovers.  I stand defeated....

Will.

backman

Or "Stabus Victus" as My old Latin teacher would have said! I will give people until the weekend so all to play for!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk